Intellectual property law is a growing area in the national context, but particularly in the international field. Intellectual property is increasingly recognized as being among the most valuable assets of companies, and the prosecution and enforcement of IP rights on a national and international level is becoming more and more important. The LFA Intellectual Property Community focuses on all issues related to intellectual property including:
- Registration and prosecution of rights domestically and internationally
- Licensing of rights, franchising and joint ventures
- Enforcement of rights and defenses via civil and criminal law and administrative remedies
- IP as assets (valuation and IP as securities for loans)
- Secrecy agreements
- Protection of know-how
- Trade identity, inclusive of trademarks, trade names, trade dress and Internet domain rights
- Copyright, design registrations, neighboring rights (e.g., phonograms), software, telecommunications
- Special IP rights including plant varieties
- Interactions of IP with antitrust, public procurement, border controls, privacy rights, employment, tax law and marketing approvals (drugs, biologics)
The LFA Intellectual Property Community has occasional conference calls. It collaborates on the issues mentioned above. Meetings are held at the bi-annual LFA Meetings and at international conferences relating to IP law, such as the annual meeting of INTA (International Trademark Association). We welcome requests from Intellectual Property Community members for subjects to be explored in greater depth for shared interests.
Firms in this Community
Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP
Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC
Bricker & Eckler
Burns & Levinson LLP
Cole Schotz PC
Cole Schotz PC
Dickinson Mackaman Tyler & Hagen, PC
Donahue Fitzgerald LLP
EC Legal Rubio Villegas
Fellers, Snider, Blankenship, Bailey & Tippens, P.C.
Graves, Dougherty, Hearon & Moody, P.C.
Holley, Driggs, Walch, Fine, Wray, Puzey & Thompson
Jennings, Strouss & Salmon, PLC
Kane Russell Coleman & Logan PC
King & Jurgens, LLC
Klehr, Harrison, Harvey, Branzburg LLP
Lewis & Kappes, PC
Niles, Barton and Wilmer LLP
Pullman & Comley, LLC
Sands Anderson PC
Seigfreid Bingham, PC
Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek
Sirote & Permutt, P.C.
Snow, Christensen & Martineau
Tonkon Torp LLP
Tucker Arensberg, P.C.
Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A.