News, Insights & Events
As the Nation Plans for Reopening, Bond Points the Way Back to Business
April 30, 2020
Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC
(Syracuse, NY): In response to the health and economic crisis triggered by the coronavirus pandemic, Bond, Schoeneck & King has assembled a multidiscipline COVID-19 Recovery for Business group to support business and organizations as they prepare to resume their operations in the weeks and months ahead.
Throughout the global emergency, Bond has supported our clients by continually assessing the shifting legal landscape, its potential hazards and opportunities for assistance. Bond attorneys have guided clients across this unfamiliar terrain with legal advice, as well as individual counsel, webinars, information memos and blog posts.
“As distant as the end of the pandemic might seem today, the engine of American life will eventually rev back into gear,” said Kevin Bernstein, Bond’s management committee chair. “When it does, Bond will be here to help clients jump-start their operations and get safely up to speed.”
Because the pandemic impacts every sector of society, the COVID-19 Recovery for Business group brings together attorneys from multiple practices within the firm. Combined, they present a holistic approach to getting back to business.
As our clients prepare to emerge from the crisis, Bond will continue to be essential for business and stands ready to:
- Advise on business-opening process considerations, including phased re-opening and proactive steps that may be taken at each phase;
- Explain the laws and latest guidance that affect clients seeking economic relief;
- Assist with drafting risk mitigation plans, reopening plans and forms and applications for various relief programs;
- Review and analyze contracts to assess both potential liability and recovery related to nonperformance, force majeure clauses and termination;
- Unpack and simplify the tax law amendments designed to ease tax compliance burdens and expand some tax benefits;
- Assist with implementation of OSHA guidelines, new and old, to promote workplace safety; and
- Advise on all aspects of employment law compliance.
To learn more about the group or talk to an attorney about developing a plan for getting back to work, please visit the COVID-19 Recovery for Business page here.
Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC is a law firm with 250 lawyers serving individuals, companies and public sector entities in a broad range of practice areas. Bond has eight offices in New York State and offices in Boston, Kansas City and Naples, Florida.