News, Insights & Events
Forty-Five Jennings Strouss Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 Edition
August 19, 2021
Phoenix, AZ (August 19, 2021) – Jennings, Strouss & Salmon, P.L.C., a leading Phoenix-based law firm, is pleased to announce that forty-three attorneys have been included in the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, and two attorneys have been listed in the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©: Ones to Watch.
In addition, four of the Firm’s attorneys were recognized by Best Lawyers® as a 2022 “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective practice areas in Phoenix.
- J. Scott Rhodes – Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Jay A. Fradkin – Litigation - Health Care “Lawyer of the Year”
- Michael R. Palumbo – Mediation “Lawyer of the Year”
- Richard K. Delo – Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants “Lawyer of the Year”
Only a single attorney in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the "Lawyer of the Year," making this accolade particularly significant. The attorneys are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer-review assessments. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity.
Best Lawyers® has published its list for over three decades. Attorneys on The Best Lawyers in America© list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers based on professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to ensure they are currently in private practice and in good standing with their state bar. Three of the Firm’s attorneys have been included since the first edition. Congratulations to Timothy W. Barton, John R. Christian, and Bruce B. May for their continued success.
Jennings Strouss congratulates the following attorneys named to The Best Lawyers in America© list for 2022:
- Albert H. Acken – Environmental Law
- Julia S. Acken – Employment Law – Management; Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Thomas C. Arendt – Real Estate Law
- John J. Balitis – Employment Law – Management; Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Timothy W. Barton – Litigation - Real Estate
- David Brnilovich – Real Estate Law
- Matthew L. Cates – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Andy J. Chambers – Commercial Litigation
- John R. Christian – Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- Richard K. Delo – Health Care Law; Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants; Litigation – Healthcare; Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- John J. Egbert – Appellate Practice; Commercial Litigation; Employment Law – Management; Labor Law – Management; Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Lee E. Esch – Real Estate Law
- Jay A. Fradkin – Health Care Law; Litigation – Health Care; Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Scott F. Frerichs – Commercial Litigation; Construction Law
- Jeffrey D. Gardner – Commercial Litigation; Securities Regulation
- Eric D. Gere – Commercial Litigation
- Joel L. Greene – Energy Law
- Brian Imbornoni – Commercial Litigation
- Norma C. Izzo – Collaborative Law: Family Law; Family Law; Family Law Arbitration; Family Law Mediation
- Paul G. Johnson – Appellate Practice; Commercial Litigation
- John J. Kastner, Jr. – Insurance; Litigation – Insurance; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants; Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Christopher W. Kramer – Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law; Litigation – Real Estate
- Richard Lieberman – Banking and Finance Law; Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law; Corporate Compliance Law; Corporate Governance Law; Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Christopher D. Lonn – Commercial Litigation
- Chris M. Mason – Employment Law – Management
- Bruce B. May – Real Estate Law
- Anne E. McClellan – Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Gary J. Newell – Energy Law
- John C. Norling – Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law; Corporate Law; Real Estate Law
- Robert J. Novak – Banking and Finance Law; Real Estate Law
- Michael R. Palumbo – Arbitration; Commercial Litigation; Mediation
- Daniel R. Pote – Copyright Law; Patent Law
- J. Scott Rhodes – Administrative / Regulatory Law; Arbitration, Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law; Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants; Litigation – Municipal; Mediation; Municipal Law; Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Alan I. Robbins – Energy Law
- Jack N. Rudel – Corporate Law; Tax Law
- John G. Sestak – Administrative / Regulatory Law; Commercial Litigation; Corporate Law; Litigation – Banking and Finance; Litigation – Construction; Litigation – Labor and Employment; Litigation - Real Estate
- Otto S. Shill, III – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law; Employment Law – Management; Tax Law
- Richard H. Silverman – Energy Law
- Richard C. Smith – Corporate Law; Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law; Nonprofit / Charities Law
- Wayne A. Smith – Real Estate Law
- George C. Spilsbury – Corporate Law; Public Finance Law
- Bradley J. Stevens – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Howard J. Weiss – Real Estate Law
Attorneys featured in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch© have been practicing for 5-9 years and are recognized for outstanding professional excellence in private practice. Once they have been practicing for 10+ years, they will be eligible for recognition in The Best Lawyers in America©.
Jennings Strouss congratulates the following attorneys named in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch© list for 2022:
- Jeremy R. Jarrett – Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Governance and Compliance Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- R. Ryan Womack – Commercial Litigation; Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants
About Jennings, Strouss & Salmon, PLC
For over 75 years, Jennings Strouss has been dedicated to providing clients with strategic legal guidance to help them seize every opportunity. The firm is well-known for its rich heritage, commitment to community, and long-lasting relationships. We have a deep understanding of business and law. When you work with us, you’ll have a team of legal experts who are dedicated to your vision of success.
Through our offices in Phoenix, Peoria, and Tucson, Arizona, and Washington, D.C., we leverage resources both regionally and nationally to serve our expanding client base. Jennings Strouss is deeply rooted in each of our locations’ legal and business communities, and is especially instrumental in helping shape the dynamic growth of Arizona and many of its institutions. The firm promotes a pragmatic, results-oriented approach, coupled with a healthy, well-managed, and friendly atmosphere of collaboration.
Our primary areas of practice include advertising and media law; agribusiness; automobile dealership law; bankruptcy, restructuring, and creditors’ rights; construction; corporate and securities; eminent domain and condemnation; employee benefits and pensions; energy; environmental; estate planning and probate; family law and domestic relations; finance; healthcare; insurance defense; intellectual property; labor and employment; legal ethics; litigation; medical malpractice; professional liability defense; real estate; surety and fidelity; and tax.